Disclosure: Clicking on links on this post help pay for the site through affiliate links.
Ever wonder if you could make your house pinterest ready for the Holidays without the budget of a sultan? I did I mean honestly how expensive is everything on Etsy! And yet how amazingly cute is it all? Well I figured I'd share how I started to get a little DIY from the Dollar Tree and how I advanced to Black Friday shopping deals at Michaels to get a bunch of adorable wreaths.
Total investment for each wreath is 6$+ time without lights
Lights are available either on Amazon for the 20ct battery operated fairy lights below in the 6 pk for 7.85$ or you can pick up 10ct battery operated at Dollar Tree only issue I found with those is they are shorter.
Continue for how to make the wreaths....
How to make the burlap wreath:
1. Open up the wreath greenery, and lay them flat on the table. I found they were bound pretty tight so opening them up allows you to bind the burlap or tule to the ring with ease.
2. Start by wrapping the floral wire around one of your burlap ribbon. Attaching this section is vital so go around 3 times.
3. Make a loop (like 1/2 of a bow) with your ribbon that is predominately on one side either inside or outside of the loop. Using your floral wire wrap around that section securing it to the ring.
4. Alternate this procedure all the way around the wreath going inside/outside or vice versa until your wreath is completely looped. However tight or lose you do that is depending on your person level of preference. I used 3 rolls to get the look above.
5. After the initial ring is burlap covered, fluff the greenery into place. This will give you the shape over your overall wreath so try to make it look like they naturally wove themselves in.
6. Now get the ribbon. The rolls from Dollar tree pretty much offer you 1 wreaths worth of ribbon so try not to waste if you can avoid it. Start at the location you want to put your decoration and loop the ribbon into the center of the burlap loops and connect it to the ring with the floral wire. Continue to do this all the way around your wreath until the desired effect is achieved.
7. With the remaining ribbon make a bow. I did a two loop bow with some floral wire holding it in the center and attached it to the wreath with hot glue. I then placed the Santa on top of it with hot glue as well.
Continue to the next post for the Tule Wreath instructions!